The Texas Certified Landscape Professional (TCLP) program certifies individuals in the nursery and landscape industry that possess a high degree of knowledge and skill in horticulture and landscape development.
Ready to take the exam? To start the TCLP certification exam registration process, click here. Once you apply and pay, you will be sent an order number where you can take the exam here.
The TCLP certification process consists of two exams:
• TCLP Exam – 200 multiple choice questions
• Plant ID Exam – ID plant pictures and plant characteristics
TCLP exams are available online for anyone with a high speed internet connection. Exams can be taken at home, work, schools, libraries, etc.
What you need for the online exam:
If you already have a login to the TNLA "Members Only" section of this site you can proceed with your TCLP Certification application.
If you do not know your user login and password, contact TNLA. If you do not already have a login, you can create one when you register for the exam.
• Register for the TCLP Exam by filling out the online TCLP application and paying the required fee.
• An email confirmation will be sent to you giving you access to the TNLA Certification exam site.
• You will have 90 days from the date of registration to complete the required sections.
• Each exam must be passed with a minimum of 75% in order to earn the TCLP certification.
• If any exam is not passed, you will have one year from the date of the initial registration to retest. A maximum of two retests are available within that year. Both exams must be taken before you can apply for any retests.
Exam fees for the TCLP exam (includes both the TCLP section and Plant ID section) is $125 for TNLA members and $250 for non-members.
Retest fees are $75 for TNLA members and $150 for non-members.
Manual fees for the TCLP exam are $100 (plus tax) for TNLA members and $200 (plus tax) for non-members. Click here to order manual online, or click here to download an order form. To view the Table of Contents click here.
The TCLP certification is valid for a 2-year period. During that time, TCLPs are required to earn 20 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in order to renew. If you hold more than one certification, these CEUs will apply to all certifications you hold. Renewal is $50 for TNLA members and $100 for non-members for the 2-year certification period. Click here for more info.